The Government has re-activated the Alert Level 3 (AL3) lock-down for Auckland and Alert Level 2 (AL2) restrictions for the rest of New Zealand from 12pm Wednesday the 12th of August.
While the Government has advised that these restrictions are set for three days only, RCP is taking a prudent approach and planning for the possibility of a longer shut down period.
As such, the following protocols are being applied to our offices:
- The Auckland office will be closed from 12pm on Wednesday 12th of August until further notice. All scheduled meetings will now be held online. Your RCP project manager will be in touch shortly to arrange this.
- RCP project managers are actively working with contractors to activate Alert Level 3 health and safety protocols for all local sites to maintain activity during this period.
- Site visits by RCP staff are still permitted during AL3, but these should only be for good reasons or if requested by our clients or by the contractor. To mitigate infection spread, RCP’s preference is that all non-essential site visits are minimised.
- No site visits are to be conducted by any individual who has been sick, for any reason, in the previous 14 days.
- Contract tracing protocols for RCP have been activated using our propriety tracking app. Our staff have also been instructed to use third party contact tracing protocols or systems where required on site.
- As per the AL3 rules, no travel is permitted by any Auckland-based staff member to any region outside of the Auckland metropolitan area.
All Other RCP Offices
- All other RCP offices (except Auckland) remain open for business, except that AL2 social distancing protocols are now being re-established.
- RCP offices under AL2 will still accommodate meetings; however, we are encouraging these to be conducted online (e.g. MS Teams) where practical to minimise the number of external guests coming to our offices.
- Any guest arriving at RCP offices must complete sign in procedures and follow all health and safety directives including 2m social distancing at all times. Only one person is permitted in a lift and the use of hand sanitiser upon entry to our office is compulsory. Masks are available at our reception, which we encourage the use of.
- Site visits are being carried out as usual, and RCP project managers are actively working with all contractors to activate Alert Level 2 health and safety protocols on their sites to maintain activity during this period.
While we are disappointed to be returning to operating restrictions, we have been preparing for this eventuality. We are familiar and well-versed in working remotely and being responsive to our clients and project partner’s immediate requirements.
We are taking this situation very seriously with an internal RCP COVID-19 response group meeting daily to monitor updates. This group is comprised of all RCP’s Directors and senior leadership team members, and are tasked with making fast, fact-based decisions on our operating policies and providing central resourcing and daily risk management advice to all project team leaders.
Our digital and communications systems are designed for this exact scenario and have been proven during the previous lock-down. We are happy to report they are currently functioning as expected.
Therefore, we are well positioned to maintain full-service continuity and have excellent capacity to meet current project requirements, as well as assisting you to meet the challenges of the current environment.
On behalf of RCP we appreciate your support and extend our own best wishes and support to you, your family and colleagues.
Jeremy Hay & Nick Beale
RCP Managing Directors